What old habits are preventing your evolution?
I am a fraud. For the past couple of years, I have fallen in love with this movement of peace and love within and without. And in many ways, knowing that this was who I wanted to be and how I wanted to live my life, I have brought this way of life into my life. But last week, I realized I wasn’t truly practicing what I was preaching. I can’t just go around saying one thing while my mind and soul are on a whole different level. I started realizing how, aside from WANTING to have love for yourself and love for others…
- I was a very judgmental person and I often felt like others were judging me constantly watching and critiquing everything I did.
- I overcompensated in my relationships and with myself because I wanted others to see who I was and where I was going.
- I desired and constantly worked towards goals while focusing on the absence of those achievements in my life.
- I would pride myself on being there for others but I spoke only to be heard, and rarely took the time to genuinely listen.
How can I truly have peace with my mind riddled with nonsense?
This blog has played a big role in my development, as I recognize now that I have been confessing a lot of. I have taken a HUGE step back. Looked at myself inwardly and come to the conclusion that I needed to seriously calm down, be patient, be present and observe, and more importantly, be myself!
I can’t believe it has taken me this long to realize that one huge road block in my journey. I’ve continued to talk and preach one way but inside I was battling with OLD HABITS. And I have been trying so hard to find the answer in my chakras, in my yoga practice, in my mantras… but the answer I needed all along was right there.
Let go of those habits and just be. I mean I’ve said it before how could I forget? Old habits have a way of clouding our journey and it is impossible to evolve if those habits rule us.
It all started when I stopped trying so hard. I know who I am, I know where I’ve been, and I know where I’m going. Why am I making things more complicated? Society knew exactly what it was doing when it molded me into an overthinking, overcompensating maniac.
Before I think or over think. Before I speak. Before I act or overact. Before I judge. When I feel like my old habits are creeping up on me. I simply think…
- No need to judge others according to my standards and no need to ponder what they’re thinking of me. Just be myself
- No need to overcompensate and exaggerate myself for others. Calm down
- No need to constantly bring attention to what I don’t have right now. Be present and enjoy what I do have
- No need to interrupt others just to get my point across. Listen. Half the time I have missed the point because I wasn’t actually listening. Be patient
And, guys, the gratification I received from practicing this was instant! The world seemed to open up more, and I felt optimistic. And living became a little easier.
It truly takes work. And, like I’ve mentioned before, the more we practice the more it becomes a way of life.
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Are you having trouble in your journey? Have you ever sat back and thought about who you used to be? Do think that person has interfered with your evolution?